fredag 10 april 2009

RMT's gone wild: Hacked edition!

Not only have the world gone crazy with young women that seriously considering selling their bodies for fake money. Real Money Traders have gone crazy too.

Real Money Traders, or as we say RMT's. They make gil in game and the sell the gil for real money, thats kind of the whole point, the "Real Money Traders" kinda hints of that.

Sometimes they do honest(?) work in game to earn their gil that they sell, sometimes players sell their gil to them for real money, which they turn around and sell for double the price they paid for it.

Sometimes they hack accounts.

Now I'm not blaming RMT's for every hacked account out there, I honestly believe that most accounts that have been "hacked" is pure stupidity. People who gave their log in info to someone else, like an in game girlfriend or boyfriend.

What vitrual boyfriend/girlfriend would ever betray someone they have never met and will never meet anyway?

All that always happen to other people, I read about it every day, I read it and I smile, thinking to myself "You probably got what you deserved".

Today was different though, today it happen to me.

Well, not exactly me, but it happen to my wife.

I know that there's only me and her that have her account info, and obviously I wouldn't have to hack her account. So, her account got hacked.

This is what you usually read when you read someones account have been hacked.

"OMG my account got hacked, they stole everything and moved my character to another server"

Or something like that.

Now, this is what happen to my wife.

She logs in on Playonline.

Isa>> Zan, I cant log on to my character.
Zan>> Why? You get any error message?
Isa>> No...It's just not there anymore.
Isa>> Have you...deleted my characters?
Zan>> Wha...ofcourse not.

Well, you get my point, im not gonna go deeper in to that conversation. It had yelling in it, and more yelling.

The point is, whoever decided to hack her account, did not change the password, they did not steal all her stuff, they did not move her to another server.

What they did do was delete her main character, and her mule.

Now who would do that? Seriously...

Who the hell would go through all the trouble, (I assume hacking is troublesome, it involves codes and stuff) just to delete 2 characters?

RMT's?

I dont know!

Does it make sense to you?

RMT1>> Yeah, you know I hacked this account earlier. I'm like really good at that.
RMT2>> Oh nice, any good stuff to sell? Lots of gil and stuff on it?
RMT1>> I dunno, I never checked. I just deleted the characters.
RMT2>>.....
RMT1>> Man, I'd like to see the face of the owner of that account when they try to log on.
RMT2>>....
RMT1>> See, they try to log in, but their character isn't there. It's hillarius!
RMT2>> I'm gonna tell our boss about you....

So anyway, my wife used another account and made a GM call. She explained the situation that her characters had been deleted by someone who wasnt her. She explained that she was not happy, she may or may not have threaten to hunt him down in real life.

15 minutes later she gets an email with a new password for playonline, she use it to log on to her account, and there they are.

Her characters! Right there, as if nothing ever happen. Nothing missing or anything, the characters where exactly where she left them.

It confuses the crap out of me.

Why...WHY!?

Maybe ordering that secyrity token isn't such a bad idea after all....

Wait...

Maybe it was Square Enix deleting her characters because she had'nt ordered a security token?

SEemployee>> Haha, now let me show you how much you need a security token.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar