torsdag 9 april 2009

The world has gone crazy.....again!

So, I'm reading on one of the FFXI forums again today. I've missed out on a few days, but you know, what can happen in a few days on a forum anyway? Not much.


Wrong!

I see a topic that I just have to investigate more, here's the name of that topic.


Sex for Gil. Viable business model?

What the.... For real?

So I open up the thread thinking this must be some kind of sick joke or something. Below is an actual quote from the post itself.

"I'm trying to develop a profitable business model that allows me to have sex for gil (or possibly Alexandrite). I've ran this by my girl and she's fine with it as long as I ain't a skank about it.

Does anyone have any experience in any form of prostitution on a national scale? I was thinking craigslist but I don't think I'll reach my target audience and I have absolutely no interest in getting *real* money and then buying gil. RMT is just bad, and I don't support it.

Also, does anyone think there may be any negative issues with the community for doing something like this? One of my fears is it will be viewed as RMT when there's actually no real money ever involved.

Any ideas regarding pricing, travel expenses, etiquette and protocol for conducting the transaction itself would be much appreciated. I'd also like to get some tips on minimizing costs, such as transferring my earnings to my own server. Though, I think I'll have to change to a less populated server because Odin's closed.

Thanks."

Ok, so far this can still be a joke, almost. If the OP later on says "Ha! Got you guys! Just kidding, I just wanted to hear the reaction you all got", maybe if it was posted on april 1st it could have passed as some sick april fools joke or something.

But...

The OP keeps defending this, and for your information she makes it very clear that she doesnt mean some sort of cyber sex.

Another quote:

"I was thinking of something around 5-20 million for actual sex. Depending on the extent of the service. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do too much for less than 5 million.

The 20 million or more price tag would be if my girl was involved. I can be a pretty jealous person, but enough gil could make me forget about all of that.

I wonder if I could work out a gil per minute thing on the webcam."

Whats wrong with this person? For real? Isn't it bad enough that people do this for REAL money?

Whats next?

"Want to sell: Kidney.

I'm a bit low on gil atm, and there's a few things I really need in game. Especially now after the new gobbiebags have been released. So, I'm looking to sell my kidney, I'm thinking that 50 million gil is a reasonable price. I'm no drinker or anything so the kidney is just fine, my blood type is type O positive, I'm only 21 years old so its as good as new.

P.S I accept dynamis currency as payment. PM me for more info"

or...

"Want to sell: Baby.

So its time for me to finally get my relic sword. Because I'm lazy and wont farm or start my own dyna ls I am now selling my baby. She's 8 months old, white. Call now and I'll throw in the baby clothes and a cradle."

Good god! I think I'm getting sick....

This thread went on for 12 pages.

Twelve pages!

Before some smart admin decided to close it.

Makes you think twice about having a baby? 20 years from now your daughter will be selling her REAL body for FICTIONARY money...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar