söndag 15 mars 2009

More missions

Some weeks ago I made a post about missions. This is a quote from that post, about the Chains Of Promathia missions.

"I know I need it, and that I should do them. But seriously. I've been trying to get them going for a long time now. For some reason the groups I get together is always totally useless."

Now this quote is very true, but the past few days I've learned something new.

I know hard to believe huh? Me learning, I bet you thought I already knew everything.

I learned that missions that are impossible to do with most people, actually is really simple if you just join up with people that actually know what they are doing, and know the very basics in playing the game.

A couple of days ago I joined this group of people that had "lost" their main characters.

Dont ask about that, it's really non of my business what people do with their chars.

So these people had already done these missions on another sets of characters way back when. this means.

1. I didn't have to hold their hands and walk them through everything.

2. The knew what they were supposed to do and how to do it.

3. There were no 3 hour drama before each mission and waiting another 3 hours for some guy that didn't pay enough attention to get this or that cutscene or this or that item.

It was more like this.

1. Let's do this mission.

2. Do the mission.

3. Mission done.

See? See how simple it can be if people just put a little efford in to things? Granted that I did missions for 15 hours yesterday, but during those 15 hours I got done what I havent been able to get done in over 4 years with 20+ different groups. So 15 hours straight with 1 great group, or 4+ years with lots a bad groups. Guess which wins from my point of view?

If the people in my previous 20+ groups had just listened to me when I told them that they should come prepared, read up on the missions, and all that this would have been done long ago.

But it seems that 95% of the people in this game just cant listen, and/or expect you to do just about everything for them. Wouldn't surprise me if someone would actually give me their account info if I told them I'd get the missions done for them.

Oh, people do that? Thats why they get their accounts stolen?

I never knew that. To actually pay x $ per month to play a game, then give out the account info to someone because they are too lazy to do things themselves, then get their accounts stolen and finally post on every FFXI forum on the internet that their account got "hacked".

Yeah that makes sense to me.

Guess what.

Using the valid log in info that were given to you by the owner of the account is not hacking. If it was, I'd be hacking my own account every day.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar